NOT SO NEW YEAR'S RESOLUTION



TOPSHOP top & bottoms
J. Crew oxfords

I'm not bold enough (yet) to try and invest in a pair of vertically striped pants, which I've been seeing a whole lot of as we transitioned from winter to spring. Instead, I decided to take that trend to the top.
Granted it's not much of a statement or as uncommon as they are on bottoms, but hey, in this situation, instead of doing what you gotta do, you gotta do what you are willing to do (or wear).

But I gotta say, lately I have been feeling unsatisfied with my clothes for their lack of fun patterns and bright, bold colors. I think the problem is that when I shop, especially at a women's clothing store like Topshop, my eye is trained to only look out for pieces that I would consider ambiguous enough for me to wear, so I immediately don't pay attention to everything else, and I'm always hesitant about buying printed pants or bold color blocks when I haven't even given it a chance to try it on.
My New Year's Resolution this year was that I would always look on the bright side, but thinking about it now, I guess that could be applied to the way I shop as well!



No comments:

Post a Comment